thekitchn.com just posted this great article, perfect in time for fall!
- In soup – Look past beef barley soup! Barley is a great addition to many soups. Here’s an Armenian-inspired recipe for a warm yogurt barley soup with paprika.
- Drink it! – Barley has been used in many drinks. Here’s a nutty Korean tea of barley, called boricha. Barley can also be made into a refreshing lemon barley water.
- In a beet salad – There’s something about the earthiness of beets and barley that suits them to one another. Here’s a hot pink salad with feta and red onion, and another with golden beets and rainbow chard.
- For breakfast – A little cooked barley with a splash of milk and some honey makes a nice change from the usual oatmeal.
- In a barley risotto – Try this cauliflower risotto from Gourmet; it’s an interesting change for risotto, which is usually made from rice.