im always looking for exciting new ways to freshen up breakfast and lunch. sometimes you are in a hurry and don’t have time to fix an appropriate meal. frozen waffles are easy, something to grab on the go. thanks to realsimple.com, here’s some ways to dress them up:
They’re not just for breakfast anymore. Try these delicious ideas for waffle sandwiches.
by Kate Merker
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Heat the sandwich, pressing occasionally and flipping once with a spatula, until the waffles turn crisp.
Frozen waffles can be more than just a vehicle for butter and maple syrup. When used to make grilled cheese or panini-style sandwiches, they really are the greatest invention since sliced bread. Using your choice of fillings or any of those below, assemble a sandwich, then follow the directions.
- Bacon, avocado, and Cheddar
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Red onion, black olives, and Feta
- Egg, spinach, and Swiss cheese
- Smoked turkey, watercress, and Brie
- Butter, banana, brown sugar, and cinnamon
- Chocolate bars and marshmallows or Marshmallow Fluff